Thursday, April 5, 2007

It'll Leave Skidmarks... On Your Soul

We need to talk about this commercial for Atari's Pole Position.

I discovered it via the "random videos" feature.


"HEEEEY!
You look like a real JERK!"


"Well I am a corporate executive."

This thing is jam packed with 80s cliches and 80s production values.




Its amazing how unsophisticated the advertising industry was back then, compared to now. I mean, conceptually, its genius. But the execution isn't quite on point. Twelve year old kids are making higher quality videos on youtube every day.

But then again, today's elite advertising agencies would probably spend millions to try to reproduce the horrible quality of these commercials, and not be able to get it right.

I mean, check this shit out:



The fact that this is an actual commercial, advertising a product, blows my friggin mind.

No comments: